Thursday, May 10, 2012

Design Articles

From the website given to us, I LOVED the minimalist movie posters, because I am always really struck by minimalist art in general. As an advertiser, I have spent the past years learning to say as much as possible, to as many people as possible, with as few words as possible, and I think that minimalist art is often the best way to accomplish that. The way artists are able to incorporate so many elements of a story plot into a simple picture on a solid background with so little detail, gets their message across at a glance, and I strive every day to be able to communicate so effectively to people through creative design. http://www.webdesignbooth.com/minimalist-movie-posters/

The second article I really liked was the amazing print ad article! I'm seeing a rise in digital everything, and even though I think that print advertising, as well as print media in general, is slowly starting to phase out of our society, I still really love magazine ads. I always have. They hit me the same way the minimalist posters did, and the work of Olly Moss does, quick, big, straight to the point. They offer visual stimulation, a product, and a little quip that's just relevant enough to fill in your own narrative. They encourage imagination, they're often funny, and they sometimes require a little thought. I think that the most effective way to sell something to somebody, is to let them put something together in their head, laugh about it, have a revelation, and feel smart. Making consumers use their own mind to construct the narrative behind a print ad, is much like performing "Inception", making the reader feel that investing in the product was not only fun, but their idea.
http://www.kitaro10.com/inspiration/30-new-amazing-print-media-advertisement/

No comments:

Post a Comment